- DIY Composite Bin – You do not have to throw out your green waste. Use it as fertilizer instead! Begin by building a composite pile. Make sure you have equal layers of greens and dirt waste.
- Start Your Own Herb Garden – Organic herbs can be expensive, so start your own herb garden instead! You can plant herbs in pots and put them in your kitchen, or you can make a small herb garden in your back yard.
- Organize Your Gardening Tools – You can repurpose a bucket: 1) Line the bucket with cloth; 2) Tie a colorful and fun gardeners apron around the bucket; 3) Place tools in the bucket and pockets of apron and you are ready to head out to your garden!
- Make Planters Using Newspaper – Soy-based ink newspaper becomes biodegradable compost. You can plant young plants this way until they are ready to be planted in the ground.
- Repair a Leaky Hose – Purchasing a hose repair kit can save you money instead of going out and buying a new hose.
- Build a Bird Bath/Fountain – http://www.ehow.com/facts_5044241_needed-build-bird-bath-fountain.html
- Sharpen Your Gardening Tools – Nothing is worse than dull gardening tools. Sharpening your tools will make gardening go much faster!
- Bring Your Lawn Back to Life – Revitalize your lawn by using just one or two tools. An aerator helps the soil breathe and a power rake gets it ready for seeding.
- Build a Garden Edge – Repurpose materials to use as a garden edge like wine bottles, broken pieces of terra cotta pots, etc. – Get creative!!!!
Posted by: Sheri Negri